This is a written agreement between HookSounds (“HOOKSOUNDS SRL”) and the part who bought a license from us. By using our website freely and/or purchasing a license from us, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (the “Agreement”) as same pertain to the license you purchase.
Recording/Track: A piece of recorded music which is available to download in HookSounds.
End product: An End Product is one of the following things, both requiring an application of skill and effort.
An End Product is something that incorporates the Item as well as other things, so that it is larger in scope and different in nature than the Item. Here we have some examples for you: online videos (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Vimeo etc), corporate videos, podcasts, audiobooks, websites, DVD’s, games, apps, live performances, social media, Indie Films, web promos.
1. The Use and Mention License grants you, the purchaser, the opportunity to download our music and use it without having to pay. We ask in exchange a mention to HookSounds as the author of the song.
2. You are licensed to use the Item as long as you give attribution to t HookSounds. In all the above cases the attribution must contain a link to the item you’ve used in HookSounds in the following way:
Music by: HookSounds
Title: Title of the Track
1. If you are part of a business looking for music for it, this license in not appropriate for it. It’s use is only allowed for PERSONAL use. It is not for commercial use.
2. If you choose to use our tracks under the “Use and Mention” license, have in mind that you can not monetize it. If this is what you want, we have many other licences that are right for it.
3. The license includes the right to utilize the Items in any online video platform or social network (YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, etc).
3. Remember, mandatory attribution is required to use our music under this license.
Our PRO license allows you to use the Recording in a single Project
1) The PRO License grants you, the purchaser, an ongoing, non- exclusive, commercial, worldwide license to make use of the musical work (Item) you have selected, on the following terms.
2) You are licensed to use the Item (without the need of giving attribution to the author and HookSounds) in one of the following ways (Allowed Use), in a single application (a single product or project) :
(i) synchronization with an audio-visual or audio-only work, to create one End
Product that incorporates the Item as well as other things, so that it is larger in scope and different in nature than the Item;
(ii) specific direct playback uses, which are background music for one event, venue or location, one company’s private on-hold music system, or one personal mobile ring-tone.
3) Examples of End Products: online videos (YouTube, Vimeo etc), websites, documentaries, films, animations, background music for shops, bars, restaurants, gyms, conferences, etc., documentaries, DVDS, audiobooks, live
performances, social media, indie films.
4) The license includes the right to utilize the Item through communication to the public (performance), display, distribution, and reproduction (but not through Broadcast). Read the next clause for some limitations, and see later clauses for things that are not Allowed Uses.
5) Allowed Uses have these limitations:
– For digitally downloaded or physical End Products, there is a limit of 10,000 copies.
– Broadcast use is not allowed.
– For films, the film may not be theatrically released. (To avoid confusion, use in an Indie Film is an Allowed Use.)
Our BUSINESS license allows you to use the Recording in a single Project
1) The Business License grants you, the purchaser, all the benefits from the pro license, but in addition, you can use our music also for (allowed use):
(iv) Indie films
(v) Theatre plays
(vi) Films for public screening
(vii) As background music
(viii) Video games
(x) On hold
(xiii) Internet Advertising
2) If you’re part of a company and you’re looking for royalty free music, this license is perfect for you.
3) This license includes the right to use your videos and monetize them on social media. (FB, YT, etc)
4) You can NOT re-sell our music.
5) You are allowed to use our content for third parties.
6) This is a license per end-product. Meaning, you can only use one license per project.
1) The Broadcast License grants you, the purchaser, everything the business license provides you, but in addition to it, you can use it for (allowed use):
(i) TV advertisement
(ii) Radio advertisement
(iii) Theatrically released films
(iv) Cinema, TV or radio broadcasting
2) It can be used either NATIONALLY or INTERNATIONALLY
3) You don’t have an audience limitation.
4) This is a license per end-product. Meaning you can only use one license per
1) The Premium Subscription grants you, the purchaser, access to the HookSounds library, also having access to unreleased tracks at the moment of the purchase of the subscription, which will be available in the future time.
2) Once you purchase our Premium Subscription, you only have to pay once a year, since we have NO extra payments. You can also choose to pay for the subscription monthly.
3) Once you are subscribed, we proceed with the white-listing of your channel(s) so you are able to monetize, without having to worry about copyright claims. You are allowed to white-list up to five channels.
4) When you purchase our subscription, you will automatically get an invoice regarding your purchase.
5) The music you download is valid for lifetime. Even if you’re no longer subscribed, the projects you made using our music while being subscribed, will remain intact and under your power. However, you can no
longer use our tracks once you unsubscribe.
6) This subscription allows you to use and clear our music in all social media platforms (one channel per social media platform) like YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, TikTok and podcast platforms.
7) You can choose to pay either annual or monthly.
8) The subscription incorporates all the individual rights and permissions described in the PRO, BUSINESS, and BROADCAST license terms.
1) The Business Subscription covers everything from Premium.
2) You can choose to pay either annual or monthly.
3) Your YouTube/social channels (up to five) are pre-whitelisted for monetization.
4) Copyright claims will not be a issue for you. When you have the rights to use certain song (like the one you’d have if you buy this subscription) it’s pretty rare that you get a copyright claim, but unfortunately, it can happen. Don’t worry! We’ve got you covered. If this happens to you, write to us at
email@example.com and we will take care of it.
5) The projects you create using our music while being subscribed will have the music license forever, even if you’re no longer subscribed. Just have in mind that even if you have our music downloaded but you’re no longer subscribed, you no longer have permission to use it. You MUST publish your content while being subscribed.
6) You will be allowed to use our music to create content for third parties.
7) Music can be used for in-store for your own locations.
8) All rights covered for TV, Video Games and Apps.
9) The subscription incorporates all the individual rights and permissions described in the PRO, BUSINESS, and BROADCAST license terms.