This is a written agreement between HookSounds (“HOOKSOUNDS SRL”) and the
part who bought a license from us. By using our website freely and/or purchasing a
license from us, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (the
“Agreement”) as same pertain to the license you purchase.
Recording/Track: A piece of recorded music which is available to download in
End product: An End Product is one of the following things, both requiring an
application of skill and effort.
a)For an Item that is a template, the End Product is a customised implementation of
b)For other types of Item, an End Product is something that incorporates the Item as
well as other things, so that it is larger in scope and different in nature than the Item.
Here we have some examples for you: audiobooks, websites, DVD’s, games, online
videos (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Vimeo etc), corporate videos, apps, live
performances, social media, Indie Films, web promos.
USE AND MENTION LICENSE
1. The Use and Mention License grants you, the purchaser, the opportunity
to download our music and use it without having to pay. We ask in
exchange a mention to HookSounds and the author of the song.
2. You are licensed to use the Item as long as you give attribution to the
author and to HookSounds. In all the above cases the attribution must
contain a link to the item you’ve used in HookSounds in the following way:
Artist: Name of the author
Title: Title of the Track
1. If you are part of a bussines looking for music for it, this license
in not appropiate for it. It’s use is only allowed for PERSONAL
use. It is not for commercial use.
2. If you choose to use our tracks under the “Use and Mention”
license, have in mind that you can not monetize it. If this is what
you want, we have many other licences that are right for it.
3. The license includes the right to utilize the Items in any online
video platform or social network (YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo,
3. Remember, mandatory attribution is required to use our music under this
Our PRO license allows you to use the Recording in a single Project
1) The PRO License grants you, the purchaser, an ongoing, non- exclusive,
commercial, worldwide license to make use of the musical work (Item) you have
selected, on the following terms.
2) You are licensed to use the Item (without the need of giving attribution to the
author and HookSounds) in one of the following ways (Allowed Use), in a single
application (a single product or project) :
– synchronization with an audio-visual or audio-only work, to create one End
Product that incorporates the Item as well as other things, so that it is
larger in scope and different in nature than the Item;
– specific direct playback uses, which are background music for one event,
venue or location, one company’s private on-hold music system, or one
personal mobile ring-tone.
3) Examples of End Products: online videos (YouTube, Vimeo etc), websites,
documentaries, films, animations, background music for shops, bars,
restaurants, gyms, conferences, etc., documentaries, DVDS, audiobooks, live
performances, social media, indie films.
4) The license includes the right to utilize the Item through communication to the
public (performance), display, distribution, and reproduction (but not through
Broadcast). Read the next clause for some limitations, and see later clauses for
things that are not Allowed Uses.
5) This license includes a maximum audience size of up to 10 million.
6) Allowed Uses have these limitations:
– For digitally downloaded or physical End Products, there is a limit of
– Broadcast use is not allowed.
– For films, the film may not be theatrically released. (To avoid confusion,
use in an Indie Film is an Allowed Use.)
Our BUSINESS license allows you to use the Recording in a single Project
1) The Business License grants you, the purchaser, all the benefits from the pro
license, but in addition, you can use our music also for (allowed use):
– Indie films
– Theatre plays
– Films for public screening
– As background music
– Video games
– On hold
– Internet Advertising
2) If you’re part of a company and you’re looking for royalty free music, this license
is perfect for you.
3) This license includes the right to use your videos and monetize them on social
media. (FB, YT, etc)
4) You can NOT re-sell our music.
5) You are allowed to use our content for third parties.
6) This is a license per end-product. Meaning, you can only use one license per
7) This license has an audience limitation of 10 million audience size.
1) The Broadcast License grants you, the purchaser, everything the bussines
license provides you, but in addition to it, you can use it for (allowed use):
(i) TV advertisment
(ii) Radio advertisement
(iii) Theatrically released films
(iv) Cinema, TV or radio broadcasting
2) It can be used either NATIONALLY or INTERNATIONALLY
3) You don’t have an audience limitation.
4) This is a license per end-product. Meaning you can only use one license per
1) The Premium License grants you, the purchaser, access to the
HookSounds library, also having access to unreleased tracks at the
moment of the purchase of the subscription, which will be available in the
2) Once you purchase our Premium Subscription, you only have to pay once
a year, since we have NO extra payments. You can also choose to pay for
the subscription monthly. (have in mind you only will be available to
download 10 songs per month with no extra cost)
3) Once you are subscribed, we proceed with the whistlistening of your
channel so you are able to monetize, without having to worry about
4) When you purchase our subscription, you will automatically get an invoice
regarding your purchase.
5) The music you download is valid for lifetime. Even if you’re no longer
subscribed, the projects you made using our music while being
subscribed, will remain intact and under your power. However, you can no
longer use our tracks once you unsubscribe.
6) This subscription allows you to use our music in all social media platforms
(FACEBOOK, TWITTER, VIMEO, INSTAGRAM, etc)
7) You can choose to pay either annual or monthly. The difference between
these, besides pricing, is that meanwhile you can download unlimited
tracks under the annual subscription, you can only download 10 every
month under the monthly one.
1) The Business Subscription grants you, the purchaser, access to our entire
gallery of tracks, including premiums and future releases.
2) You can choose to pay either annual or monthly. The difference between these,
besides pricing, is that meanwhile you can download unlimited tracks under the
annual subscription, you can only download 30 every month under the monthly
3) Your Youtube channels are pre-whitelisted for monetization.
4) Copyright claims will not be a issue for you. When you have the rights to use
certain song (like the one you’d have if you buy this subscription) it’s pretty rare
that you get a copyright claim, but unfortunately, it can happen. Don’t worry!
We’ve got you covered. If this happens to you, write to us at
email@example.com and we will take care of it
5) The projects you create using our music while being subscribed will have the
music license forever, even if you’re no longer subscribed. Just have in mind that
even if you have our music downloaded but you’re no longer subscribed, you no
longer have permission to use it. You MUST publish your content while being
6) You will be allowed to use our music to create content for third parties.