Even if you’re not a professional video editor, you probably have heard about Adobe Premiere. As one of the most popular video editing software, many YouTubers, and filmmakers use it in post-production.
If you want to learn more about video editing, check out our blog! We’ve covered topics such as a guide to filmmaking, how to edit a great trailer, types of camera shots and angles, how to vlog, and so much more!
What is Adobe Premiere
Adobe Premiere is a timeline-based video editing software application. It can be used for all video editing tasks necessary for producing high-quality projects.
It is one of the most popular softwares used by all types of content creators, and even though not incredibly easy to use, once you get the hang of it, you will be able to edit videos.
In it, you can import videos, audios and graphics, as well as images, add titles and filters. Adobe Premiere is often used with After Effects, another Adobe software, a bit more complex, but that allows you to work with special effects.
If you are new to Adobe Premiere, we have prepared a beginner’s guide on how to work the main features. Keep reading to find out!
How to add text in Adobe Premiere
To add text to a video in Adobe Premiere, start by importing the video to the timeline. Continue by following these steps:
- Select the Type Tool and click the video in the program monitor to create a graphic layer.
- A text box will be created on the video and a graphic layer will appear on the timeline.
- You can choose the duration of the text layer by dragging it to the left or right.
- You can change the color of the text by clicking the fill tab and pick the color you want.
How to crop in Adobe Premiere
To crop a video in Adobe Premiere, start by importing the files to the timeline. Then, follow these steps:
- Go to the ‘Effects’ tab and click on the Video Effects option below. Then move your mouse to transform.
- Click on the Crop option and then drag it to the timeline. This will directly open the effects controls on the screen.
- Go to the Effects Control Window (left side of your screen). Use the arrow cursor to slide and then place it where you wish to crop. If you want to crop all four sides of your video, then you have to follow the same process on each position.
- Drag the pointer to the right after you decide which direction you want to crop.
- Check the preview before exporting it.
How to rotate video in Adobe Premiere
You can easily rotate a video in Adobe Premiere. Once you have imported the files and added them to the timeline, continue by doing this:
- On the Premiere Pro timeline, select the video clip you want to rotate.
- Head to the Effects Controls panel and click on the number beside Rotate.
- Enter the degrees by which you’d like to rotate. Depending on what you want, you can put:
– 90.0º to turn it on its side.
– 180.0º to flip it.
– 270.0º to rotate it again in the other direction.
How to add music to Adobe Premiere Pro
What’s a video without music? For sure by now you will want to know how to include some great tracks to your project and here’s how:
- Click on Audio at the top of the screen or go to Window > Workspaces > Audio. Choose Window > Media Browser to reveal the Media Browser panel.
- Within the Media Browser, select Import to add the file to the Project panel.
- Drag the audio clip to the sequence in the Timeline panel.
- If you want to adjust the volume of the track, go to Window > Audio Track Mixer > [sequence name] and do it on the track mixer.
Looking for background music for your videos? Be sure you check our royalty free music library. We offer different licenses that can adapt to your needs.
How to remove sound from video Adobe Premiere Pro
Let’s say you’ve imported a video, but you want to add your own music to it. You will need to first remove the original audio to finally add the files you want. To do it, follow these steps:
- Once you have added your video to the timeline, right-click the clip after it is highlighted and then select the Unlink option. This tool will separate the audio content from the video.
- Next, choose the audio layer that you want to remove and then hit on the Delete Key.
- Later, you will be able to add the audio file you want.