Adding subtitles to your YouTube videos can make them accessible to a wider audience. And even if it seems like an exhausting task, it’s actually pretty easy to do. Unfortunately, if you are thinking that youtube can add subtitles automatically, we are very sorry to tell you that is not that easy. Still, there are two ways to do it that won’t take too much effort.
Before starting, you will need a subtitles file to upload. YouTube admits several types of files, but we recommend you using SubRip (.srt) o SubViewer (.sbv), especially if you don’t have experience doing it. Once you have your file, follow these steps:
1. Sign in to YouTube Studio Beta.
2. Select the option “Videos” (located in the left sidebar)
3. Click on the title or thumbnail of the video you want to add subtitles to.
4. Select “Advanced” (top of the screen).
5. Under “Original video language, subtitles and CC,” select a language in the dropdown, then click “Upload Subtitles/CC”.
6. Here, you will have to choose between uploading a file with or without timing. Then click “Continue”.
7. Select your file, click open and then save.
There is another option to add subtitles to your video, but this one involves a bit more work. Follow these steps to know:
1. Start by going to your video manager and select the video you want to add subtitles to.
2. Click on “Subtitles/CC” (located on the top menu)
3. A pop will appear and you will have to choose the language you want to make your subtitles in.
4. Click “Add New Subtitles or CC” and select the language in the dropdown.
5. Now is where the real work starts: play the video and pause where you want to add a subtitle.
6. Type the subtitles into the text box and click the blue “+” button to add it.
7. Repeat as necessary until you complete the video.
This option is only available on YouTube Studio Classic, so if you’re using YouTube Studio Beta, you’ll have to switch back to upload subtitles manually.
Even if you’re not a professional video editor, you probably have heard about Adobe Premiere. As one of the most popular video editing software, many YouTubers and filmmakers use it in post-production. What is Adobe Premiere Adobe Premiere is a timeline-based video editing software application. It can be used for all video editing tasks necessary […]
Sound effects are a great way to easily make your videos more professional and engage your audience in a more emotional sense. If you are doing a movie, documentary, or music video, SFX (that’s short for sound effects) will be your best friend as they will help you to set the mood in many scenes. Beyond […]
How much time do you spend on social media? No need to answer, probably a lot. No judgment though, we do too. Social media has become a huge part of our lives and creating content especially for it has developed into full-time jobs for some. So much in fact, that a quick google search on […]