Adding subtitles to your YouTube videos can make them accessible to a wider audience. And even if it seems like an exhausting task, it’s actually pretty easy to do. Unfortunately, if you are thinking that youtube can add subtitles automatically, we are very sorry to tell you that is not that easy. Still, there are two ways to do it that won’t take too much effort.
Before starting, you will need a subtitles file to upload. YouTube admits several types of files, but we recommend you using SubRip (.srt) o SubViewer (.sbv), especially if you don’t have experience doing it. Once you have your file, follow these steps:
1. Sign in to YouTube Studio Beta.
2. Select the option “Videos” (located in the left sidebar)
3. Click on the title or thumbnail of the video you want to add subtitles to.
4. Select “Advanced” (top of the screen).
5. Under “Original video language, subtitles and CC,” select a language in the dropdown, then click “Upload Subtitles/CC”.
6. Here, you will have to choose between uploading a file with or without timing. Then click “Continue”.
7. Select your file, click open and then save.
There is another option to add subtitles to your video, but this one involves a bit more work. Follow these steps to know:
1. Start by going to your video manager and select the video you want to add subtitles to.
2. Click on “Subtitles/CC” (located on the top menu)
3. A pop will appear and you will have to choose the language you want to make your subtitles in.
4. Click “Add New Subtitles or CC” and select the language in the dropdown.
5. Now is where the real work starts: play the video and pause where you want to add a subtitle.
6. Type the subtitles into the text box and click the blue “+” button to add it.
7. Repeat as necessary until you complete the video.
This option is only available on YouTube Studio Classic, so if you’re using YouTube Studio Beta, you’ll have to switch back to upload subtitles manually.
Digital videos have become an essential part of social media, businesses, and especially something we all keep consuming more and more. It started with the boom of Youtube, which keeps growing every day, and it spread to online websites, Instagram, Facebook, advertising, and the list goes on. This is because there is nothing as powerful […]
It’s the question that keeps every single Instagram content creator awake: how can I get more followers? With an algorithm that changes as much as Google’s, getting more and more complex with each update, Instagram growth is a bit of a mystery. Remember those good old days when all you needed to do was post […]
There is no doubt that YouTube is one of the most important online platforms. It is not only huge in terms of daily visitors that enter to watch content but, of course, it has become an important business for all types of creators. Over 1 billion hours of video are watched on YouTube daily, which […]